The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place will be a diverse and vibrant space where community can gather from all over the world to meet, share and learn from each other. It is a space for community to demonstrate the application of healing and good leadership. It is also a space that invites gathering participants to see how community action can work.
The Gathering Place promotes networking between north, south, east and west and provides a space for displays, discussions and performances from throughout the world. The Gathering Place will be open to the general public and conference delegates and admission is free.
Gathering Place Objectives
A platform for communities to highlight the gathering theme ‘Our Knowledge, Our Wisdom, Our Promise’, focusing on the following objectives:
- Create a vibrant cultural experience for delegates and the public living locally and visiting Sydney;
- Celebrate the successes of the Healing Our Spirit Worldwide movement globally;
- Build a productive learning and networking environment where activities focusing on healing and resilience, are prominent and valued;
- Bridge all areas of community which build and reinforce multi-sectoral partnerships, community development, youth engagement, long-term planning and sustainability;
- Provide a space which enables healing, human rights, active participation and visibility of First Nations people; and
- Promote the value of intergenerational exchange which fosters shared learning and counsel between people involved in the global response.
Gathering Place Activities
Exhibition Booths are available for For-Profits such as Universities, Government Departments and Corporations. An Exhibitors fee will be charged. Please refer to our Sponsorship Prospectus.
An Elders Space – where community groups can host delegates and provide activities as part of the Elders Program. Activities can be on site at the ICC or may include non-strenuous external activities. Host agency would be required to host in 1-day blocks. Three (3) days available.
A Youth Space – where community groups can host delegates and provide activities as part of the Youth Program. Activities can be on site at the ICC or may include external activities. Host agency would be required to host in 1-day blocks. Three (3) days available.
Networking Zones are spaces for local, national and international groups. In these zones, groups can meet and conduct their own activities and engage delegates and the public visiting the Gathering Place.
Marketplace booths will provide First Nations artists, businesses and projects with an opportunity to sell their products to generate income. A negotiated fee is required.
The Main Stage is a space for live performances of music, dance and theatre arts. Local and international groups can apply to perform.
Yarning Spaces will be available for small informal discussions and can be booked in advance.
NGO and Community stalls will be made available for community groups and not for profits at no charge. This is a space where NGOs and community groups can showcase their work. Free spaces will be provided with a table and chairs only. If additional fixtures such as booths and additional furniture are required, this will involve a hire fee.
Gathering Place Applications…
For all enquiries about holding a stall in the Gathering Place please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to put through an application please download and fill out the Marketplace and Exhibition Stall Holder Application Form or a Performers, Film makers and Community EOI form and send it through to email@example.com.