Seeking athletes for an International Indigenous Ironman Team to compete at Ironman 70.3 Western Sydney
Posted on behalf of First Nations Health Authority
Good morning Indigenous friends,
We at the First Nations Health Authority here in BC, Canada are very much looking forward to seeing you all very soon at the upcoming 8th gathering of Healing Our Spirit Worldwide!
One of our team members noticed that there was ½ Ironman happening the day before HOSW. Yay – we thought we’d be great cheerleaders. Turns out, there’s a relay option and now…..we’re in it.
So, we have the makings of two ‘fun and very non-competitive’ teams but we need more people – so – Friends!!! Let’s make an International Indigenous Ironman Team!! We are looking for two swimmers and one runner to join us.
Our current team includes:
- Katie Skelton, Henvy Inlet First Nation, projects & partnerships, CEO/CMO office, First Nations Health Authority
- Joe Gallagher, Tla’amin Nation, CEO, First Nations Health Authority
- Myself, Dr. Evan Adams, Tla’amin Nation, CMO, First Nations Health Authority
- Date/Time: Sunday, November 25, 2018. Swim start: 6:15am
- Location: Sydney International Regatta Centre, Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Cost: Relay is $486.00 [AUD], so divided by 3 athletes = $162 [AUD] each
- Website: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman-70.3/western-sydney.aspx#axzz5TXwLQXfu
- Course Overview: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman-70.3/western-sydney/athletes/course-and-venues.aspx#axzz5TXwLQXfu
- Relay Team information: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman-70.3/western-sydney/athletes/relay-teams.aspx#axzz5TXtP3qxF
- Course Cut Off Times:
- Swim (1.9km) – 1 hour 10 minutes (1:10:00 from your wave start time). Any remaining team cyclists in transition will be sent out onto the cycle course at this time.
- Bike (90km) – 5 hours (5:00:00 from your wave start time). Any cyclists unable to reach this cut-off will be collected by event sag wagons. Any remaining team runners in transition will be sent out onto the run course at this time.
- Run (21.1km) – 8 hours (8:00:00 from your wave start time).
We want to register by next week – so let us know by end of day Wednesday, October 17 [ACWST] if you’re interested and we can get started – then we have six weeks to train!!!!!!
Also, open to ideas for team names!!!